"Well you know those times when you feel like there's a sign there on your back, says I don't mind if ya kick me, seems like everybody has"
So I'd have to say I had a couple days last week where I felt like Rodney Atkins was singing my feelings loud and clear. We finally found a Dr. down here in Cali for Milly to see, and she got her shots...It was soo sad! She got a fever, and was really out of it for a couple of days-real cranky, not her usual self! And with work and everything I started feeling really overwhelmed and started saying things to Ryan like, I hate this job let's quit, ya know, really rational talk and stuff... Then, we had a great Sunday, to make up for everything, (I was praying all day to feel better and more optimistic about things) a nice break away from work and Milly started feeling much better/happier, and well life seemed like life was back to normal, but well to be honest I was still dreading starting the long week all over (this is kinda a normal feeling right??? :)
First thing in the morning before all the rush of work started I went to work out, a new goal I made in hopes to say bye-bye to some of that baby blub I still have hangin' around (Ry has been amazing in supporting me, reminding me to go and watching Milly for me while I'm gone xoxo)!! When I came back I was feeling good, I decided to check the family blog, then my sisters, my own...etc... And there was good news everywhere!! A lot to be thankful for!
Melisa my oldest sister is prego, with her fifth, my cutie little niece Saveyah was a cute little munchkin in the Wizard of OZ, a play my Dad would've loved seeing her in, Emily, my sister just above me...geese, talk about "there's angels everywhere out on the street" Wrote a blog entry about goals which is the one that really made me see how blessed I really am, I will talk about that more in a minute...
So back to my personal goals, My biggest excuse about not working out, or getting ready, wearing make-up or whatever it is that I DIDN'T do pre-baby is: 'IT'S SO HARD TO DO IT ALONE, I need a friend to go running with, or to eat healthy with, or paint my toe nails with,...etc etc etc.!!!'
Now, EM, she fixed that for me...she's gonna be my mommy buddy that has a lot going on BUT still needs to make time for numero uno, even if we didn't get a lot of sleep the night before or if even if there's a sink full of dishes, or even if it is 6:00 and dinner should be ready (in our case 10:00), or sheets need to be changed... So thanks EM!!! Your the best!!

NOW THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART!!!!
ATTENTION ANYONE, I MEAN ANYONE: YOU GOT A FRIEND IN ME!
Emily is going to be posting a weekly goal on her blog and I will copy and paste the goal to mine so if anyone is interested in being an over-achieving Mamma, Tune in every Monday!
This weeks goal: Work out 2 days more then you have been. If you don't work out, start with 2 days this week!
AND NOW THE HAPPY PART OF MILLY'S DOCTOR APPOINTMENT:
Milly is only 5 days away from being 5 months!!! It's Amazing how time has flown by! Even though her shots were lousy, i guess I can be grateful that she is sooo healthy!
Here are her stats:
4 months 3 weeks
25.5 inches
15 lbs 1 oz
She's growing steady, pretty average I think, but if you want to know exact percentages.... judge her by the shoe!!





6 comments:
Keep those shoe photos coming... it'll be your own little growth chart that you can hang in her nursery :). That's funny- Ryan has big feet- or Milly is still really small. Yeah- I've done the "I hate my job" thing abou 40 kajillion times. I think I pressure Travis a little more than you do Ryan, though... poor Travis. He's always been the one to motivate me to stick with things (don't look back on my track record, please... and I would have never made it through school w/out him basically forcing me NOT to quit). It is really hard when you get overwhelmed. Balance is SO hard for me... I need it. & Let's get working out together when you get back- because there's more than a little blub on this mommy, too. :)
Mims, Milly gets cuter everyday!! I love the shoes pix & how now she almost hugs it & before she could've fit in it. She's so sweet & you sound like the best mommy. Life sure does change when you become a mama, but it always is better than even the best was before. Just think on that one when you get discouraged!! I love your blog...it always makes me laugh or smile & I love the challenge to be a better person. You, my sisters, make me want to do that!! What would I do without sisters???
Mims you are so sweet! I am glad you're going to take up the challenges too...it will be fun to become better together. I know the kind of weeks you're talking about, we've had a lot of them. You are an awesome sis! I just wish you lived closer to me.
I love the pic of Milly hugging Ryan's shoe. She is such a little cutie!
I love that idea! I was thinking about doing that too but now I really want to! I wanted to make weekly goals so I am going to follow your good example and actually do that! :) Miss you!!!
Too cute Mims...you and your sisters are great writers...your thoughts just flow!
I even feel better by what you had to say...I have had those kind of days too. We get through it and even though we know we will it is just sometimes hard to really start feeling happy and ourselves again!!
That is great that you and Em are going to be there for each other while you workout and start to change your eating habits!
You and your sisters are great friends to have!
Thumbs up for Ryan for keeping you motivated on working out! Sometimes husband can do just the opposite! Ryan your the man! Hey, and give Milly some kisses for us, she deserves some love too!
You can count me in the mommy challenge only after I can get things figured on where to start!!!
oh my gosh...she's growing so fast! And to think, Aimee will be there before we know it. I'm already missing when she was a newborn. They sure do grow too fast. I can't wait to meet Milly in person...she's so cute!!
Post a Comment