....On Saturday, I of course will post party pics, but I wanted to give a little Milly update as well. This is such a fun age, I don't want to forget ANY of it!
So first off---I cannot believe my little baby is turning 2!!! She is getting so big and SO smart! And I know I say that all the time, but everyday I find myself just amazed at how much she understands and all she has learned to do in the little time she has been apart of this world. I find her doing the funniest little things around the house. From conversations with her animals and dolls, to dancing and singing Dora songs, to pretending to be asleep for LONG periods of time. I 'd have to say my favorite thing she has been doing lately is: We tuck her into bed, turn out the lights, and close her door (most of the way), and usually it takes about 10 seconds for her to yell "1,2,3, 678 more kisses" it's adorable!! So I go in and give her her 8 kisses and she then says "daddy too." So Ryan will go in and give her his kisses, then she is out like a light. Just like that, what lucky lucky parents we are!!
She has become a VERY good eater. And anyone who knows Milly, know this is quite an accomplishment. She some days eats as much or more than I do!! I LOVE IT!!! It's a fantastic change for a pure milk diet!
Milly is getting her letters down, she know B, M, and T. Don't ask my why those letters were more special than the rest, but she can and does pick them out anywhere and say the sound they make. She also knows all her colors, and can count to 12. She is constantly asking questions and is excited to learn more, sometimes it's hard to keep up with her!
She LOVES babies, and is so gentle with them. She loves to play with her dolls and gets excited to see a real one now and then. She is going to be a great big sister! She also really loves her lego's right now. She can build houses and tear them down like it's no ones business. Her favorite time of day is still bath time, and she is getting very creative on bath time games she can play and what new toys she take into the bath with her.
Milly is quite the reader, loves to read by herself and have us read to her. It's funny to hear her actually trying to tell the story now by the pictures she's looking at, she comes up with some good stuff! Along with reading she sure likes her TV too! She LOVES Dora, Mickey Mouse and of course ELMO!!
Milly is a great helper, she likes to throw away trash, pick up her messes--and ours sometimes too :), wipe the tables and couch down, and be doing just about anything I am. However, our little girl that has never had a wild hair come out of her body is slowly changing. We now find ourselves chasing her down the halls of the church or through the grocery store. She goes to nursery every week and has a great time! I can now be upstairs and she be downstairs (or vis-versa) without any complaints. But that being said, I still know that she isn't getting into anything or going to hurt herself....unless there is lotion around. Oh lotion, Milly's one weakness. Sometimes I get sad to think Milly is growing up so fast, and that I just may not be soaking all of it up as well as I could be. But usually I just feel so dang proud of my little girly girl who is so smart. Probably too proud, really...well if there is such a thing!!




4 comments:
WOW, I can't believe she's 2... for real! She is quite grown up and such a smartie! She has the hair of a 4 year old... Ha! It's fun to hear about all of her 2 year old antics... thanks for sharing!! Hope she has a fun birthday!
Aw, how cute! I still can't believe its been two years since we've had our little girls (well, not quite 2 for me yet. :) Aimee also likes to read...mostly on her own. Aren't they just SO cute at this age!? Time definitely went by just a little too fast. We hope she has a good 2nd birthday!!! We were really planning on coming down for her party, but when we checked the weather, it said it was supposed to snow all day Sunday...boo! Anyway, give her lots of loves for us...we miss you guys TONS! Loves to all of you from the Sapps!
Love hearing all about MILLY & what she's up to lately. Would've almost forgot her birthday was here with all the anticipation of your next little one on the way..how rude. Happy Birthday Milly J.!!!
She sounds like such a character, I really hope we can spend more time with her soon (& you guys)...the years do go by so fast. If the sunny beaches & theme parks aren't enough to persuade you, how 'bout a closet full of extra lotion to play in & a few more kids to race you to the finish line during sacrament mtg.!
Anyway, sounds like you're cherishing the time superbly to me. You notice so many small details about her that just get harder to recognize daily w/the more kids there are. I think it's great & she's lucky to have you as a mom!!
Oh I love it Mims! This age is the best because you see them sky rocket right up with all that they are learning to do! She reminds me of Gabe in many ways, except with wanting to stay in nursery, playing with dolls, and being in different rooms.
She's cute, I love the lotion weakness, he he.
You're a great mom. You are such an example to me to just have fun with your child and forget the small things. The small things like you know there are dishes to wash and laundry to fold, but you have your baby right there and you're going to spend some quality time with her!
Way to soak it all in. :)
love you guys. Can't wait to see pics of Milly's birthday bash.
Post a Comment