Every week, since Milly turned 18 months, we have been taking her to nursery...and staying with her the whole time! She has a really hard time with strangers, (which I don't mind, and don't particularly want to change it) mostly adults, if it were just kids she'd probably do fine. So either Ryan or myself would stay with her, so she could play and get used to things. Well, we were beginning to wonder if she would EVER get used to it. I mean the teachers in there are awesome, totally awesome, and really VERY nice to her and give her lots of attention. So you can imagine why I was getting worried that I was going to be holding her hand all through Kindergarten. :) Well, the last few weeks, she started forgetting about me as much while I was in there with her, and just played with the toys and other kids. So we decided this week was the week. I dropped her off, and thankfully there were no crying babies already in there at the time, she screamed...for only a couple minutes. I stood by the door the whole time, it took everything I have---ok Ryan had to hold me off :) to not go in there. I hate making her cry over stuff like this. But surely enough only minutes later, she stopped and started playing. AHHHHHH.... such a relief. I checked on her several times during sunday school, and she was doing great!! We went to combined preisthood-relief society, so Ryan helped me through the next hour. Ha, seriously, it was really hard on me. I know that sounds so silly. But I quickly went from being the most proud mom in the world-- to a teary eyed, worried mom of a little growing up girl who didn't always need me right by her side. I turned to Ryan during class, and asked him if I was crazy, he said yes. I stopped crying. And now again, I am a proud mommy of a little girl (not a baby) who is growing up fast, getting smarter, and going to be a GREAT big sister! I am so blessed.
Family and Friends!
- Alise and Austin Kelley
- Angie and Richard Blatter
- Ariell and Spencer
- Austin
- Austin Bird
- BEBE AMORE
- Becky and Josh Snedager
- Ben and Elise Brady
- Ben and Sheri Ward
- Blake and Melisa Holmes
- Brad and Kayla Lounsbury
- Brad and Maryann Sapp
- Braden and Lindsy Richins
- Brett and Cherice Hanson
- Brittany and Rob Freeman
- Bryan and Emily Buckley
- Cassie and Josh Giddings
- Chad and Whitney Patterson
- Dane and Jackie Davis
- Danny and Tasha Lopez
- Frank and Kami Patterson
- Holly and JHyde Heath
- Isaac and Kristin Alldredge
- Jake and Kate Perkes
- James and Danielle Christensen
- Jared and Karissa Kam
- Jared and Kayla Stoker
- Jenson Family
- Josh and Miri
- Josh and Rhonda
- Justin and Emily Thompson
- Kelly and Jodi Edmonson
- Ken and Jen Perkes
- Mark and Jen Carlson
- Mark and Liza Evans
- Matt and Heidi Meyers
- Miriam Jenson Photography & Design
- Neil and Angelica Oler
- Paul and Rachel Salley
- Richard and Mckenna
- Rob and Chambrae Thornburgh
- Ryan and Shay Smith
- Sheldon and Tawsha Stanford
- Soren and Sandy Allred
- Tim and Amber Arsenult
- Tim and Nancy Toy
- Tony and Abby Hyde
- Toy Family Roots
- Toy/Bryant Family
- Tracy Moore Photography
- Travis and Katie Roberts
- Travis and Mandy Rowberry
- Travis and Sarah Dean
IDEA ROOMS
- BEBE AMORE
- Beautiful Baby Boutique
- Boppy Beanies
- Fabulessly Frugal
- FONTaLICOUS
- How does she??
- I Asign-Vinyl Lettering
- Just so Scrappy
- Little Birdie Secrets
- Make it and Love it!
- Mick and Mack
- Pocket full of Posies
- Projects for your Nest
- Sherelle Christensen
- Skip to my Lou
- Somewhat Simple
- The idea room
- The polka dot pig
- Tiny Prints
- Twiddle Thumbs
- You can make it!




5 comments:
Haha...that is so funny! I'm glad she likes nursery now. I have yet to experience that, unless our little boy is just like Aimee and loves going to nursery. :) We've never had a problem with her...in fact, she started going to nursery almost a month before she turned 18 months. My favorite part is going to pick her up after church is done. She always runs up to me and gives me a big hug! Congrats to Milly for conquering nursery all on her own!
YAY Milly! You will for sure be able to enjoy church much more now!! Well... for a month or two! But very nice, at least you won't be wrestling with 2 little squirts for 3 hours straight. She is a cutie- I love her messy buns. We miss you!
mims, you're so cute. you guys are all so cute. i miss being around.
Don't worry I did the say thing with both Jaelynn and Lydia. It is hard not feeling needed anymore even though you want them to be independent. She will be a great big sister!
I'm sad our babies are growing up. Although I do wish mine would grow up enough to go to nursery alone. Hmmm...maybe someday. Your gal so SOOO cute. I love the curls.
Post a Comment