A couple months ago I decided I REALLY wanted to try and run a 5K. I haven't been much of a runner since high school, but I really want to be in good shape again, and I think running is a great way to get there! So I signed up and started to train. Well, then Milly broke her leg and I wasn't able to drop the kids in the childcare center while I worked out. Basically, I took this whole last month off while Milly was in a cast. I was so bummed I wasn't going to be able to run after all, but Ryan talked me into trying it out-even if I didn't get my best time. And I LOOOVED IT!! I did OK I think. I finished it in 28:14 and I RAN the entire time. I thought for sure I was going to have to walk like half of it. :)
Ryan and the girls didn't get to come watch this time because we thought it'd be to cold for them to sit outside, but it ended up being gorgeous, right around 60 degrees! Thanks Ry for supporting me in doing this and helping me keep my promise to myself and for taking the kiddos! I love you!




7 comments:
IMPRESSIVE Mims! One down, and many more to come?!? Wish I could have been there to cheer for ya at the finish line! You look fantastic btw ;) What a GREAT support Ryan is.
Hey Miriam. Congrats on the 5k. That is awesome and you look great!!!! Also I would love an invite. suzelou8@hotmail.com
That's so cool! You look great too :-) I'm glad you were able to get out and do something like that. Congrats! oh and I'd like to read you guys too: heidiuc413@yahoo.com, thanks :-)
I am so amazed by you! I need to get back in shape. I guess I have just been waiting for my hubby to want too, but I don't think that is going to happen. Way to go girly! You inspire me. I hope Milly is doing better!
Go MIMS! I am proud of you. It is a great feeling to acocmplish that. YOu looke fantastico!!! I love you and miss you and wish I could be running by your side.
HOLY COW!!! Miriam! Way to go! Way to blow me out of the water and I have been training! You are incredible! Alright, thats it. We need to run one together so I can be inspired by you!
I love the pirate costume just as much as the Minnie costume, isn't that funny how the stuff we whip together can end up being just as adorable! Maybe the fact that it had such meaning as a peg leg also made it so adorable. I remember Shepard walking & standing funny for a couple of wks. after his cast came off. We started to worry he'd never walk the same! Of course we were just impatient parents.
Harper also looked great in her zebra get up. You have so many cute girly, frilly things! Dave's neighborhood was the place to be, what a riot!
And lastly, that's awesome about your race! What a good goal to accomplish & I don't care what you think, to me that's an amazing time for 3.1 miles!! I guess you are just naturally fit...some people, hmmm.
Post a Comment