Photobucket

9.30.2010

"I can't walk anymore" :(

On Sunday Ryan headed to Las Vegas for a work trip. I really dislike being home without him, I miss him so much and I really kinda feel sorta off when he is away. But this trip I was determined to make the most of my time alone with the girls, and try and have a good attitude about....
So I packed the girls up and headed to Denver to visit my brother Dave and sister-in-law Joanna. I love those guys, and seriously, thank heavens for Jo-I love her!
We went to the mall, and let the Lucy and Milly play in the play place for a while. Milly and Lucy jumped off one of the animals at the same time (it couldn't have been more the 4 ft high) and crash. Milly was down for the count. I didn't realize how bad it was, I just thought she was tired and cranky so we took them home and I tried to get her to take a nap. (I am so mean!!) After a few hours of crying non-stop, I knew something must really be hurt (umm, HELLO!) So I took her to the hospital, and sure enough, broken leg. OWIE!! Poor little nugget. She was so brave and tuff though, all the Doctors couldn't believe she was only 2, and was acting so mature. I was trying for a while to get ahold of Ryan, and couldn't reach him. So finally I just text him a picture of the x-ray. And said they think it's broken. He wanted to be home so bad when he heard. I wished he was too, going to the ER with a baby and screaming toddler = No fun. But we are now home, happy, and healing up quite nicely. 

Here she is AFTER she got a good dose of happy medicine!!



We got her hard cast on the next day. She told me she wanted a pink cast before we were even at the Doctors. And there was no changing her mind...but I decided I think it's pretty darn cute!
Here she is standing on her own for the first time. She was still hurting pretty bad at this point :( But wanted to play so bad. She kept saying to us, in the most sad, heark-breaking voice "I can't walk." I probably have heard that about 100 times since the accident.

Oh yeah, and No more trips Ry...PLEASE!!
More pictures to come VERY soon, come to find out... this cute hot pink cast is such a fun photography prop! haha! :)


3 comments:

* Nancy * said...

Yikes Milly! How long will she be in her cast? I do love the hot pink color too. I hope she doesn't feel too sad now that she's in dance class. May her recovery be a quick one. We love you guys.

danny jenson said...

haha, that is so sad. but she is so dang cute, even with a broken leg. tell her i love her, and i hope she gets better soon (not that she'll remember who i am). love you guys. i feel for you mims. that must have been tough.

Blatter said...

Your daughter is seriously one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen!


ADORABLE BABY ACCESSORIES

RELIGION:

Visits from my friends