Photobucket

6.22.2009

FATHER'S DAY! AND DON'T FORGET WE ARE GOING PRIVATE IN A WEEK SO LEAVE YOUR BLOGGER LOGIN!!! :)

I cannot imagine life without the daddy of our family. He really is the glue that keeps us all together at the end every day. For those of you who don't know. Ryan recently (about 2 months ago) went back to work. We do this every year, get to spend all fall/winter together, then summer: WORK WORK WORK. Well this summer has been going better than ever...at least for me. Ry really stepped it up this year and has been literally more than I can ask for.  Even though he most often doesn't get home til nearly 10pm, and nearly asleep,  he still never forgets his girls. When he gets home, first thing after he walks in the door, I get a kiss and a I love you. Next stop, Milly's room. He goes in a gives her a kiss and tells her goodnight (even though she's been asleep for 3 hours :) In the morning, he rarely sleeps past 8-even when he had a late night. Waffles are his speciality, he is the tickle master, sweet priesthood holder,  the best bear hug giver, the laugh maker, the game winner, the movie quoter, mr. fix-it, creative mind, most optimistic and positive sharer, and above all the BEST FRIEND to a wife and daughter who love him soooo much!
Milly and I made this Candy bar poster for Ry. And I say Milly and I, because she did the pink finger painting on it! She was so excited about this, I kept reminding her that all those treats were for Daddy. She would walk over to the poster and point at it and say dada and cover her mouth and laugh. She really loves her daddy. Every morning when he goes to work he can't get out the door without giving her a kiss! 
We went to Ryan's parents to wish his dad a happy fathers day too! We are so greatful for his Dad, and the great example he is to our little family. He is a Bishop now and often has such a full plate, but while were living there we noticed he rarely missed a FHE, a ball game, and definitely a hug as you arrived home, whether for the first time in half a year, or 1 hour later! :) We love you too so much!!
Daddy letting Milly ride shotgun, he really is the best!!! :)

Ok, now my Dad. First I chose this picture because it has a special story to it (not because I was VERY bad at taking pictures prior to Milly's birth and may not have had a ton ;)
My Dad was a special Dad, that after years of knowing him, I still am learning new things about him, even after his death--if that can make any sense? 
When Milly was born we decided we really wanted her blessing to be special and wanted family to be there for it. Well, although my Dad was very healthy at the time, he still sometimes couldn't 'make' himself feel up for big crowds and commotion, part of his life-long battle with depression.  So we decided, that we would drive to Shelley, my home ward to bless Milly. So it wouldn't be too far out of routine for him. 
Here is the special part, that may not even seem so special to a lot you reading this, but it was to me. My dad planned ahead, a little after dinner/party/chat time for all of Mine and Ryan's friends, family, etc. who were also making the trip to see Milly be blessed. This was very big for him, he did chat the whole time with everyone (which probably just killed him) and made Milly's big day VERY VERY special. I loved this about him. He seemed to really always come through when it mattered most. Because family/religion was the MOST important thing to him. And that is one of the biggest things I'm grateful to him for teaching me! WE LOVE YOU!

7 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

What a sweet post. I loved your comments about your dad. I never really had a chance to get to know him, so it is really nice to hear stories about him. You guys are awesome. I love living this close!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had such a good father's day and such sweet memories of your own father. I would love to be invited to read your blog, my email is:
heidiuc413@yahoo.com

The Buckley Family said...

Nice post. I love the pics of Ryan and the Millster...he is a cute daddy. That card was a fun idea.

Love the thoughts on our Dad too. I agree, he did pull through when it mattered most, especially at the end. I sure miss him.

alisekelley said...

Hey Miriam, This is Alise Kelley (Sparks). I love reading your blog.I would love to still stay updated on your little family. My email is alisekelley@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

The Christensens said...

Your little girl is such a cutie...I love to keep updated with your family. So I would love an invite to your blog. danniks@juno.com Thanks
Danielle Sparks Christensen

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

This made me cry. I didn't know that story about the after "party" at Milly's blessing. Anyone that knows dad, knows that's huge. I am so glad you got to experience some special times w/him so soon before he passed. It's like he really was trying to tell us all a last little message in unique, individual ways--I don't think he knew he was doing it, but his life was just in that place that he could & did subconciously.

Ryan seems like a great dad too. I know he's a lot of fun! Glad you had a good father's day together, the rest of the week is so busy, huh?

Love ya!

* Nancy * said...

These are amazing men in your life and little do they know the impact they have in our lives! Beautifully said Mim's!
I really like the pics of Ryan in action with sweet Milly...they both look cute together.
Hope all is well, we miss you guys!


ADORABLE BABY ACCESSORIES

RELIGION:

Visits from my friends