Photobucket

4.04.2011

This sweet babe is 1!!!

I have been wanting to get this post up for a while, but our computer has been out of order (talk about the longest couple weeks of my life!!)  

Harper Emmy turned one a little less than a month ago. This year has been the fastest of my life. I cannot  believe how quickly my little 6 lb baby grew to be a spunky, LOUD funny little toddler. Harper is sooo full of personality, it's going to be tough to try and convey her ever so vibrant spirit, but I will try. Let me begin by saying, that Harper has such a determined personality. And when she knows what she wants, she will stop at nothing until she gets it. She already knows how to throw a good tantrum, and boy oh boy is this little beauty STRONG!! I find myself trying to get things from her and struggling to pull them out of her hands. She had been crawling walking along furniture for months  before she turned one, and we were so sure that she'd be walking well before her first birthday. But Nope. She just wouldn't take the plunge. She is in fact walking now, and she is FAST! One day about a week after her birthday, Ryan and I sat on the floor and were like "ok Harp, you've gotta walk someday" and I let go of her, Ryan called her to him, and there she went. Her first time walking: Not one step, not two, but probably 10 steps. YES, on her first try! She just was taking her sweet time so she could show off like a pro I guess!  She LOOOVES her big sister, she follows Milly around all day and has to be doing/eating/playing whatever she is. She has the cutest little naughty face that it's very hard to be stern with her. She scrunches her nose and smiles with all her 8 teeth showing!!
Harper loves music. And LOVES dancing. I have to say, she has pretty good rhythm too! She can be crying very hard and all we have to do is put on some music or hand her our cell phone with music playing and her whole mood changes and she gets all giggly and bust out her fancy moves!! (I really need to post a movie of these dance moves for you guys really to understand how great it is!!) She is and always has been quite the snuggle bud. She likes to get rocked to sleep and during the ay she will us come up to me or Ry and climb in our laps and lay her head on our should and cuddle for a few minutes. We love it, of course. She is still waking up at night, but it's not too bad anymore.
Harper has a very very special bond with her Papa (Ryan's Dad) she loves him so much, and to be honest I think it's pretty mutual! :) If he even dares walk by her without taking her she'll yell and yell at him until he notices! It's very sweet.
When Ryan gets home from work, she likes to just cuddling with him for like 10 minutes. He doesn't get to do anything else until she's got her daddy fill. Harper is great at giving high fives, kisses and hugs. She waves hi and bye. She signs: more, all-done, please and thank-you. And can say mama, dada, bye bye, and soft.  And her new favorite thing to do is: put one finger up to her mouth and say SSHH!
Our family sure does love her and we couldn't imagine things without her!! Love you Harpy Monster!

6 comments:

* Nancy * said...

Harper is beautiful! It was great/fun to read about her personality, especially since we haven't met her in person.
I love the tender moments I get to cuddle with my babes too.
You have two darling girls!

Jenna and Adelia said...

i love looking at both of ur blogs and love reading about ur beautiful kids! it sounds like milly and harper both have pretty awesome personalities! i love the pictures also! keep it up! :)

Sapp Family said...

That's awesome that Harper is 1 and Milly is 3 now! Happy belated birthday to those beautiful girls of yours!

Sarah said...

Great job capturing her cute little personality! Happy Birthday Beautiful Harper... can't wait to finally meet you in person!

The Buckley Family said...

What a beautiful baby Harper is. I really wish I were close enough to know all the fun things about her personality on a day to day basis for myself. I think she and my girls would get along great! Can't wait for summer!

The Buckley Family said...

What a beautiful baby Harper is. I really wish I were close enough to know all the fun things about her personality on a day to day basis for myself. I think she and my girls would get along great! Can't wait for summer!


ADORABLE BABY ACCESSORIES

RELIGION:

Visits from my friends