I can say without a hesitation, this has been my most favorite year to date. Sounds crazy, but I'd take the poopy diapers and sleepless nights over the summer sales stay-at-home wife filled with pool-side sunny days. IT's just not enough excitement for me. haha. But really. Anyone who knows me, knows I get bored REALLY easy. I LOVE being busy and I love going to sleep at night dead tired (and begging my hubby for a back scratch :)
So where has the year gone? Milly is becoming quite the little smarty-pants. She loves to learn, she is always asking when we can do her school book or what everything "means." She has picked up being a big sister and I think really enjoys it. Every morning when she comes into our room she says "hi harp" in a cute little baby voice. During the day she asks me to bring Harper into the toy room to play with her, so she's not alone. Loves her naps, SHOWERS, and bedtimes. And becoming more and more independent (which KILLS me.) She never has a mean thing to say. Even when she feels awful and sick, always says her pleases and thank you's. BUT can give you attitude like it's no ones business. :) Usually thinks she's right and has been very into making me explain 'why?' if she's not right. Milly is really my special buddy. She can tell when I'm sad or frustrated and loves to try and cheer me up. For christmas Milly wants, well, everything!! We will walk through the store and she will just start spouting out, I want that from Santa, I want that from Santa....etc. She still loves singing and dancing, and having a "party."
She rarely does anything even remotely naughty, at the most she will get whining-but even that I can snap her out of pretty easily. Milly really is such a good girl, and I am so lucky to have such a easy toddler.
Harper and Milly couldn't be more different. Harper always has to be the center of attention. She loves to be out and about and she'll cheese it up for anyone that'll watch! We took her with us on Black Friday to shop, and she was loving it. We were laughing so hard, cause she was so excited the whole time with all the commotion and chaos. She loves being apart of the action, and always has. Ever since she was a newborn, it was like she didn't want to go to sleep cause she was SO worried she'd miss something. :) She is such a cuddle bug, always lays on my shoulder and likes to give kisses. Harper loves her mamma, but really she is a true daddy's girl. When he comes in the door from work, she screams if he doesn't go straight to her and pick her up. And is pretty much glued to him until bed. She also loves her papa. Every time he holds her she always lays her head on his shoulder and cuddles for a while. She is beginning to stand up on things and walk along furniture. I get so frustrated if she falls. She has 6 teeth already and more coming in. She is chewing on everything! Harper is still such a crazy sleeper and fast eater. And definitely a little more high maintenance than Milly was, but I love that she at least pays up with her cuddles to make up for it. :)
Ryan and I decided that Milly and him are more a like in the sense that they are both VERY chill. Can be home all day, watch tv, play, sleep whatever. Are fine with not really being entertained. But Harper and myself...love to be out, like to be busy and get bored quick! haha. We'll see if this holds true over the years!




2 comments:
You have such cute little girls!! It's still weird sometimes that you're a mom :) glad they're as sweet as they seem.
Love you!
I think I fit into the category with Ryan and Milly! Going to bed dead tired is not on my list of favs. But I am glad that you are my sis and are so good at being on the ball... because there have been many times that has kept ME on the ball! It'll be fun to watch these gals' personalities as they grow. I have some adorable nieces!
Post a Comment